Monday, June 15, 2009

La Tour Eiffel, Day 4

Sunday. I decided that I wanted to go for a walk, so Alex and I decided to climb the Eiffel Tour. We took the Velib... but we couldn't find a bike rack near the Tour Eiffel. (Later, when I looked at the map on line, it turned out we passed 10 bike racks that were parallel to us one block over! Ack) Eventually we found a bike rack and headed back towards the Tour Eiffel. We were very happy to have NO LINES! Quite amazing, even if you just want to climb the stairs. It was a work out, but it was worth it. We could only climb to the first and second levels. The third is accessible only by a spiral staircase and it is not "safe" enough. I guess if you fall, you continue falling for 300 meters. Ouch!
Here are some of the views:


While we were up at the top, Alex and I decided to call home and have Leo wave to us from the balcony. We couldn't believe it, but with the camera super zoomed in, and the binoculars, we saw him! We put together the photos to get an idea of what we saw.

You can see the different pieces we zoomed in on. In the middle is Leo, waving to us. How funny!


1 comment:

Liz McCoy said...

wow! paris is soo big!!! looks so crowded I think I am turning into a country girl :P