Monday, June 15, 2009

Bonjour, Paris Day 1

I was very happy to arrive in Paris after a long (and with a cold, somewhat grueling) trip. I left New York and flew to Paris. I'll be here for 6 weeks, and I'm trying to get the most out of the trip. I took the redeye from New York to London and the a short plane trip from London to Paris. I didn't sleep at all on the very short (only 6 hours) flight to London. In between them feeding us twice, you didn't have any time to sleep. Aside from not sleeping, British Airways is a very nice airline to fly. They retain some of the class in flying from the old days... like I was alive to experience it. It was great. I was overwhelmed with all the personal entertainment choices. Where have I been when all these movies came out to the theaters? I hadn't even heard of many of the choices. After a (extremely) short layover in London, I arrived to the gate (out of breath from running) to catch my plane to Paris. I can't tell you how long that flight was; I slept during the entire thing. Next, I caught a bus into town and walked to the house. At this point, I didn't really care I was in Paris. I was just thankful to have a comfortable bed to pass out on. We all know I like my sleep. I had been deprived for WAY too long! Jet lag is always worse when you travel East.
So I slept, met the family, and slept some more!

No comments: