Monday, June 15, 2009

Getting around Paris, Days 2 and 3

Friday was spent walking around town and seeing the schools. I played monopoly with some of the kids... I'm embarrased to say by how much I lost. I just don't have the mind for taking over whole blocks of real estate. We finished the evening with a movie. (I went to bed early... jet lag.)

Saturday was spent doing the weekly shopping. I took the Velib (rent-a-bike) to the grocery store with Claudia. Later, we stopped by the bi-weekly market. The sold everything there. Of the most concerning was the fish on ice with their crazy eyes. YUCK. Which brings be to saturday lunch. I ate fish. Eww. As far as the taste and texture goes, it wasn't bad. It was the idea of have a fish in my mouth. I do not refute that my "allergy" to fish is entirely in my head. I'm ok with that. Saturday evening, we ate out at the Indian restaurant. I feel as though I'm going to be trying many new things while I'm here!

1 comment:

Liz McCoy said...

wow you're on a culinary adventure too! have you had any french food yet??

I've recently had fish too. I ate it b/c i got it free. It wasn't bad it had no real taste but i'll continue to eat it until my supply is gone. I haven't gotten ken to try it yet though so there is much mroe for me to eat.